Congratulations Kimberley Powell (LEVNT) who has been announced in the top 75 Australian Educational Leaders. Kim has shown strong leadership, support and innovation in many areas including the contemporary learning transformation across Vic, NSW and Tas, internationally as well as partnering with other Lutheran regions.
Check out the list and read about Kim here!
In the Educator Magazine Award Article, it reads:
“Kimberley Powell is a highly experienced educational leader who is passionate about learner-centeredness and whose modelling of contemporary skills demonstrates her belief and drive in making learning for adults and children rich, real, and relevant.
Powell leads and supports innovation and transformation in schooling across Lutheran schools in NSW, Vic, and TAS. Her work involves creating cohesive collaborative partnerships to lift awareness and create solid buy-in for contemporary practice; as well as implementing and facilitating training in the areas of instructional coaching, restorative practice, inquiry, and PBL.
Recent initiatives include:
- producing and implementing workshops and kits to support the contemporary transformation of schooling especially recently a R2P Reflect to Pivot COVID Reflection Toolkit;
- helping facilitate and lead international and national contemporary learning tours for leadership and staff from schools across Australia;
- developing international professional learning supporting contemporary learning such as HundrED GLocal events, which feature inspiring innovations in K-12 education;
- building networks of support for Australian educators from notable leaders and educators around the world through events such as An Evening with Dr Tyler Thigpen and The Forest School, perspectives of leadership of contemporary schools with Mitch Salerno MVCS California or Stephen Harris Learnlife, and Australian visits by Stephen Heppell to look at contemporary change in individual schools and across districts; and
- enabling an Australian event hosting a Stanford d.school designer to engage onsite in Australia with educational leaders, to bring further insight and skills to those who were enabling successful change.”
We also would like to congratulate Dr Bronwyn Dolling Principal of Pacific Lutheran College and Ray Ebert the Council Chair of Living Faith Lutheran Primary School from our LEQ who were also announced in the Top 75 Educational Leaders. It is exciting to have our Lutheran Systems represented at this national level.