Over the past few years, Apple has been changing the options available to manage and secure iPads used in the classroom making available a range of tools that don’t assume family-owned or one-to-one deployment models. This is significant but may mean that our deployment, management and use models haven’t necessarily kept up with these changes. It may also mean that teachers aren’t utilising the technology tools available as richly as you might hope as they become increasingly concerned about online safety and controlling apps on devices.
One ‘learning with technology leader’ in our schools who has worked with the new tools is Stephanie Kriewaldt (Principal at Lobethal Lutheran School). She will facilitate this session with a view to helping people understand the tools that Apple have available and how Lobethal LS is utilising them. As a Principal of a smaller school, Steph has many leadership responsibilities and limited time to simply ‘make things work’. In addition, budget constraints demand that IT support delivers maximum functionality that doesn’t rely on contract companies or significant onsite hours. The school is also strategically using technology to support improved learning outcomes.
This is a conversational session that will provide ample time for sharing of current practice as well as Q&A. With a duration of 60-75 minutes, the session will explore …
- the suite of tools available to classroom teachers to best manage devices, apps and student use
- a non-technical overview of requirements and best practice deployment and software strategies – regardless of the deployment or ownership model you have
- the security tools that help minimise risk for students and teachers
- how fully functional and safe devices can support classroom pedagogy
- how IT support for device and app deployment can be managed onsite by non-technical staff
And BTW – the tools discussed are FREE!
LESNW Session: Teaching, Managing and Learning with iPads
Relevant to all schools, ELCs and Kindys that use iPads to support learning
Online: 3:30pm Thursday 21st October
Rod Wearn | Learning Leader |Lutheran Education SA, NT & WA