Lutheran Education is on the official Program of Finland Education Week!
Kimberley Powell (LEVNT) and Derek Bartels (LEQ) are hosting a masterclass/forum titled “The Finnish Way of Learning” 05 November 7pm AEST, 8pm AEDT. This has been especially enabled to allow an hour of connection between Lutheran Educators in Australia and Finnish Educators and Leaders. Grab a beverage, sit back and join in with the trans-global discussion. Many humble thanks to our Finnish colleagues for allowing this and some other workshops to be in English as we aren’t all multi-lingual like their beautiful teachers and students.
It is free to register and attend virtually this year. It is very easy to navigate to English speaking events.
Register for Free here :https://www.helsinkieducationweek.com/
Then join fellow Australian Lutheran Educators in this forum https://www.helsinkieducationweek.com/en/events/the-finnish-way-of-learning Limited Places Remaining
"I have physically been to every Helsinki Education Week in Finland and it is simply Beautiful and Inspiring" Derek Bartels
Kim and Derek’s session would involve a guided discussion between Finnish and Australian Educators and Students to highlight the Finnish Ways of Contemporary Schooling and Learning. Some of the themes and topics to be explored:
- How is time leveraged effectively for Finnish teachers?
- What are the key features of student learning in a Helsinki school?
- How is the increasing multiculturalism in Finland impacting schools?
- What are the best features of a Finnish education?
- What qualities are you looking for in a Finnish teacher?
- How have Helsinki schools pivoted and navigated COVID in 2020?