WANTED: ALWS Adventurer
Are you ready to inspire Queensland?
ALWS is offering a full-time position as ALWS Advocate in Queensland. Your ministry will be to inspire people of all ages to take action for people who are marginalised, and in danger of being forgotten by the world. https://www.alws.org.au/positions-vacant/
ALWS is the Lutheran Church’s overseas aid and development agency.
As ALWS Advocate, you will be the Queensland face of ALWS. It is your privilege to connect with the extended Lutheran family across the state – in churches, schools and communities.
Using ALWS actions like Walk My Way, Gifts of Grace, What’s My Business? and Awareness resources, you will inspire students and seniors, and everyone in between, to bring love to life!
You may be a teacher, a church worker, a fundraiser, or work in a profession that calls on you to engage people with your energy and enthusiasm. You will need to be:
- passionate about social justice and development
- able to speak authentically in Lutheran churches
- ready to present to Grades 1 – 12 in Lutheran schools
- enjoy talking with Seniors
- excited to encourage people to raise funds
- super-well-organised within a busy schedule
- disciplined to effectively work remotely
- willing to travel all over Queensland
- flexible to adapt schedules and work some Sundays
If this sounds like a ministry God is calling you to, and an adventure for which you are equipped, tell us!
Applications close: Friday 26 November 2021
ALWS is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, and as part of the application process will undertake rigorous screening, including referee checks, criminal record checks and working with children checks, where applicable. ALWS is committed to having diverse and inclusive workplaces and is an equal opportunity employer.
ALWS is the overseas aid and development agency of the Lutheran Church of Australia
Community Action Manager, ALWS