About the Company
Lutheran Education VIC, NSW & TAS (LEVNT) supports Lutheran schools and early childhood services (ECS) across Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania. They assist with business and operational requirements, strategic planning, governance, risk management, financial management, and human resources management. These services enable educational bodies to focus on their community of students and families to deliver quality Christian-based education – inspiring students for life.
About the Role
As the Finance Officer / Accountant, you will be responsible for processing all financial tasks within LEVNT. Working closely with the Director: Business Services, and the wider LEVNT team, you will provide support to school and early childhood services within the LEVNT system.
- Undertake internal accounting functions including payroll, end of month and year processes, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Manage and process the distribution of State and Commonwealth recurrent grant funding
- Provide financial analysis and support relating to the financial performance and forecasts of educational bodies
- Manage accurate and timely completion of all financial compliance reporting
- Maintain the LEVNT and supported ECS depreciation schedule and asset registers
- Maintain and manage Loan and Capital Grant Documentation
Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of financial and accounting fundamentals
- Recent success in a senior finance or accounting role
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication, relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Accounting Software (Xero preferred)
Culture & Benefits
- Flexible working environment with WFH opportunity
- Become part of a dynamic and friendly workplace with a people-centric team
- Be part of an organisation that strives for positive influence and inspiration in their network of educational bodies
- Located in Box Hill with onsite car parking provided
- Office will be relocating closer to Melbourne Airport in early 2024
For more information and to apply, click here.