Good Shepherd Early Childhood Services
Education & Training
Sessional Kindergarten Programs
Full Time Position
At Lutheran Education Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania (LEVNT) we are passionate about providing quality education and care within a Christian environment to children attending our Services throughout our region.
Good Shepherd Early Childhood Services is a community-based early childhood service offering long day care and sessional kindergarten located in Hamilton, providing care for up to 107 children per day through CCS and Victorian Kindergarten funded programs. We are seeking an Early Childhood Teacher (or equivalent) to fill a full time, ongoing position from May 2023. The position is full time with flexible hours and school holidays to suit the successful candidate.
This role requires the successful applicant to work collaboratively with a team of Early Childhood Teachers and Educators to deliver a funded kindergarten program which adheres to the Victorian Early Years Learning Framework and Kindergarten Funding Guide requirements. The teacher will use the planning cycle to deliver high quality, innovative programs that cater to the developmental needs and interests of the children in their care. The successful applicant will build and maintain positive relationships with children, their families and colleagues to ensure a respectful, safe environment for all people who use and work at our service.
- Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualifications (see page 46 of the Kindergarten Funding Guide for more information)
- Previous experience in a leadership and management role within the early childhood sector (preferred).
- Current First Aid Qualifications including CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis.
- Current child protection training.
- Excellent knowledge of current Child Care Legislation and the National Quality Laws and Regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to positively, proactively and regularly engage with staff, children and families.
- Demonstrated skills to develop a positive work culture and successful teams.
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills.
- Sound computer skills.
- Commitment to the Christian ethos of the Lutheran Church.
What we offer you!
- Staff GAP discount on long day care positions
- The opportunity to work for a not-for-profit organisation who values and supports our employees, our families and our children
- Regular professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- A small supportive team environment that is well established, with low turnover
- Flexible, family friendly working hours
- LEVNT Early Childhood Manager support
For further information and a position description, please contact email@example.com
Apply now! – To become part of this fantastic team, please submit your cover letter and CV.